Thursday 19 November 2009

October Trip to Paris!






For my friends 21st birthday we took a weekend trip to Paris and as we all study and are interested in art and design, we did a lot of sight seeing (and of course did hit the shops a little bit).

We went on a boat trip which was like a hop on hop off thing and through it we got to see the Notre Dame, the Eiffle Tower, the Louvre, the Town Hall and just other little bits of Paris. Unfortunately it rained but never mind.


The trip was absolutely amazing, we literally went everywhere that we could in 3 days, My favorite visit had to be the Opera House. Everything was so ornate and beautiful. We were lucky to have been able to go into the auditorium and see the decoration that was in there and as you can imagine, with the halls and other rooms being so amazing - the auditorium was breathtaking! Im afraid it took the shine from any other theatre that I have been to.

Something that most definitely did not have the same effect was this. After enjoying a sugar and lemon filled crepe, a cup of tea was obviously the next step and with my friend who is in my opinion the most fussiest person I know when it comes to tea (and should probably be a tea taster) I followed her advise to give one of Paris' famous "Salon de the" a go. All I can say is, not my cup of tea!


We visited "Galerie la Fayette" and it was amazing! The christmas decorations were up and were just fantastic, definitely got me the festive mood. We had a look round all the stores within wishing that we could purchase all the gorgeous things that Luis Vuiton, Gucci and Stella McCartney had to offer. However, for this trip anyway, looking would have to be enough.
What I loved the most were the mannequins! Each looked as it they had a personality, a style and gave the collections a real individual look.





After getting carried away here, we realised we hadn't left enough time to get to the airport but luckily after much rushing with heavy suitcases and turning against each other, we made the plane by under one minute but totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Great trip! hope you got some good inspiration dom. I think you should design some running shoes for when we next nearly miss our plane!

    ReplyDelete